Is It Time To Call A Commercial Electrician? 3 Signs You Should Not Overlook

Posted on

A faulty electrical system poses a safety risk to your employees and commercial property. For instance, flickering lights can damage your electronic systems and devices such as entertainment systems, computers, microwaves, or refrigerators. Similarly, a tripping circuit breaker could indicate a circuit overload that could cause power supply problems. Therefore, as a business owner, it is advisable to hire a commercial electrician to address those problems as soon as they occur. The signs discussed below should help you know when to hire a commercial electrician.

1. You Experience Electrical Shocks

Electricity runs almost every device or appliance, but it comes with a share of risks. For example, a faulty switch, outdated outlets, and faulty appliances can cause electric shock. If you overlook any of these signs, your electrical system may become defective and cause harm to your employees or clients. Therefore, do not hesitate to call a commercial electrician if you notice cases of electrical shock.

Also, it is advisable to handle equipment and systems with extra caution to avoid getting electrocuted. For example, you should dry your hands before touching a switch or electrical outlet and hire an electrician for any repairs.

2. You Smell a Burning Odor

You should be keen to notice any burning smell from your electrical system or appliances since this could indicate a severe electrical problem. Some issues that can cause this burnt smell are exposed wires, circuit overload, damage in the wiring, or the presence of a foreign object in your electrical box.

If not solved immediately, these problems could lead to serious problems such as electrocution or fire breakouts in your commercial building. In addition, the fumes emitted can lead to health issues such as asthma attacks or allergic reactions. Therefore, it is imperative to hire a commercial electrical contractor to inspect your electrical system and repair any damages to keep everyone safe.

3. You Notice Hot Outlets

If you touch your electrical outlet and find it too hot, this is a sign that your electrical system is malfunctioning. This issue can be caused by worn-out outlets, loose or corroded wires, or wetness. Hot outlets are dangerous since the overheating can cause wires to melt, and if hot enough, they can start a fire. Therefore, do not hesitate to call a commercial electrical contractor if you notice any hot outlet in your commercial building.

If you experience any of the above electrical problems, you should hire an electrical contractor as soon as possible to prevent further damage. When looking for an electrician, it is advisable to settle for an insured and licensed one for convenience and quality services.

For more information, contact a commercial electrician near you.